In my personal growth reading, I am seeing when I was at stage 1 and stage 2 in my life. Stage 1 is where life sucks in general. Stage 2 is when my life sucks but others can have a good life. I am loving learning how to assist others to move out of each phase into the next phase. They say that you can only move one phase at a time. Tribal Leadership is a fascinating book!
My workout today was as follows:
30 seconds sprints
30 seconds cross country seals
30 seconds x jacks
30 seconds mountain climbers
30 seconds rest
30 seconds squats
30 seconds reverse lunges
30 seconds squat jumps
30 seconds jump lunges
30 seconds rest
30 seconds right power knees
30 seconds burpees
30 seconds left power knees
30 seconds push ups
30 seconds rest
Lunch was yummy turkey and bacon wraps. Here's a picture of them. You'll notice that my water bottle has elastics on it and that some are moved up and some are near the bottom. I use these to remember how much water I have consumed over the course of the day to ensure that I am getting in the water my body needs.
A general rule of how much water to drink can be determined by the following formula.
weight in pounds / 2 = number of ounces of water
number of ounces of water / 8 = number of glasses of water
eg. 160 lbs / 2 = 80 ounces
80 ounces / 8 = 10 glasses
This works out to about 2.5 litres of water per day. This is a minimum and only replenishes the water that you lose each day through normal bodily functions. A person should really drink more. If you are thirsty, you are already dehydrated. Most people do not consume enough pure water each day. If you consume coffee, tea, alcohol, or other diuretics, you need to consume even more water.
You can add fresh squeezed lemon to water and still call it water. Anything else in there and it is no longer water to your body.
Some of the benefits of drinking water include:
- We need water to transport nutrients in our body
- Drinking water helps reduce the calories that you eat
- Muscles need water to perform optimally
- Water makes your skin look nicer and helps to clear toxins from your body
- Your kidneys need enough water to function properly
- Water helps you stay alert and perform better - one of the common symptoms of dehydration is tiredness
- Water reduces hangovers - not that I am promoting drinking alcohol, but know that your headache is caused by dehydration
- Water can decrease aches and pains - another common symptom of dehydration is aching joints and muscle cramps
- Water assists your bowels to function correctly
So bottoms up!
Dinner was a south west chicken salad. Here's a picture. It was yummy with a spicy zip to it.
We don't usually watch very many movies, but have been watching a few lately. Once Ethan is back in school, it is a school rule that he does not use electronics on school days or the day before school days. If you have never taken your child off electronics before, give it a shot! They actually change their brain function when they use them. We notice a difference in Ethan and limit his use on the weekends as well. He prefers to play outside most of the time anyway.