EFT (Emotional Freedom Technique)
There is evidence that our emotions are stored in our body which then leads to health issues. One technique that will help to release stored emotions is EFT (Emotional Freedom Technique). EFT, or Emotional Freedom Technique, is a series of tapping on specific body locations that helps to release the stored emotions as well as change your beliefs and thinking patterns. You can tap on either side of the body using either hand. Choose what feels comfortable for you.
The Basic Tapping Procedure
1. Identify the problem that you would like to work on.
2. Determine your level of discomfort with this problem on a scale of 1-10 with 1 being "Not Bothered Much At All" and 10 being "Extremely Bothered".
3. Formulate your first statement, “Even though I have this problem, I deeply and completely love and accept myself.” Insert the problem in this statement that you identified in step 1. e.g. Even though I have this depression, I deeply and completely love and accept myself.
4. Repeat this statement 3 times while continually rubbing the sore spot (see diagram below) or while tapping the karate chop point (see diagram below).
5. Change the statement to, “Even though I still have some of this problem I deeply and completely love and accept myself. Insert the problem in this statement that you identified in step 1.
6. Tap each location 5 times in the following order while repeating
the statement you created in step 4.
a. Top of Head
b. Third eye
c. Inner eyebrow
d. Outside of eye
e. Under eye
f. Under nose
g. Under lip
h. Collar bone
i. Under arm
7. Reassess your level of discomfort with the problem. Repeat until you have reduced the number to a level that is acceptable to you.
Click picture below to open larger image. Green dots represent tap locations indicated above.
This is the process as I understand it from having sessions. Learn more about EFT and the process at http://eft.mercola.com/.